LWSRA - Late Pick-Up PolicyLate Pick-Up Policy
After the first warning, each time a participant is picked up late, a $5.00 fee will be charged for every 15 minutes or portion thereof. Payment is due to LWSRA within one week of notification. Registration for other programs will not be accepted until all outstanding fees are paid.
Cancellation Due To Weather
Cancellation of a program or event is possible due to adverse weather conditions, especially if it is an outdoor activity or the roads are considered unsafe for driving. The program may or may not be rescheduled. The following guidelines will be used to determine cancellations (all temperatures are in Fahrenheit):
SEVERE COLD WEATHER CONDITIONS:
SEVERE HOT WEATHER CONDITIONS:
- Outdoor programs: A temperature of 10 degrees or lower or wind chil of 0 degrees or less.
- Programs with transportation: A temperature of -5 degrees or wind chill of -15 degrees or less.
- All programs: Snowstorm or blizzard warnings or conditions, when driving restrictions and emergency accident plans are in effect.
- Outdoor programs: Lightning conditions and 30 minutes after lightning has ceased.
- Outdoor programs/indoor sites without air conditioning: Temperature of 95 degrees or higher or a heat index of 105 degrees or higher.
- Programs with transportation: Heat index of 115 degrees or higher.
- All programs: Weather situations when a Tornado Warning is in effect.
LWSRA will use discretion when determining program cancellations due to other weather conditions, watches and warnings.